Here are some ideas around Indy and Greenwood for supporting your 2019 new year’s resolutions! We all want to see ourselves in a “better place” by the end of the year, so we thought we would put some lists together to help you keep those goals! Feel free to save this page & reference these ideas all through the year to boost your resolve to be the best you!
Did you resolve to get your BODY in better shape??
Work-out Spaces that are sure to be close to home or work!
- LA Fitness
- 11 locations in and around Indy
- Offers: indoor pool & sauna (not all locations), racquetball, workout equipment, various classes, personal training available
- Open 7 days a week
- Orange Theory
- 9 Indy-area locations (including Greenwood, Avon, Carmel, & Fishers)
- Open 7days
- Access to nation-wide studios
- Custom 1hr classes with coach; not free-style workouts
- Anytime Fitness
- open 24hrs
- 26 Indy-area locations (including Greenwood, Bargersville, Franklin, Avon, Noblesville, Carmel, & Fishers)
- Access to “world-wide” gyms
- “Team Workouts” & personal training available
- Planet Fitness
- Open 24hrs
- 15 locations in and around Indy
- “Black card” membership perks: access to ALL locations nation-wide, tanning, massage chairs, hydro massage, etc.
- Small group classes, 30min express circuit, custom workout plan
- YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
- 9 locations around Indy & 3 Downtown
- Offers: indoor & pools (8 locations), various classes, racquetball, workout equipment, basketball courts, sports leagues, & kids’ activities/camps
- Family friendly
- The Gathering Place
- Outreach program of Greenwood Community Church
- Off Main Street in Greenwood
- Workout equipment, indoor track, basketball courts, racquetball, indoor soccer, various classes (cycling, zumba, REFIT, Les Mills, etc), personal training, sport leagues
- Family friendly
- MPCC Community Life Center
- Outreach program of Mt. Pleasant Community Church
- Off Fairview Rd. in Greenwood
- Workout equipment, indoor track, various classes (cycling, pilates, yoga, bootcamp, dance, etc), personal training, sport leagues
- Family friendly
- Looking for CrossFit??
- 30+ CrossFit gyms in/around Indy (8 on the Southside!)
- What is CrossFit? A high-intensity fitness program incorporating elements from several sports and types of exercise.
- How about Yoga? There are over 60 in the Indy area! Check out a couple of our favorites:
- Ready to just enjoy the outdoors?? Check out any of these great trails!
Support / Social Groups to keep you Motivated!
- FIRST, we encourage you to look to your circle of friends/family for anyone on a similar fitness journey. You could form a Facebook group, group text message, link Fitbits/Apple Watches/Garmins, or find other ways to encourage and cheer each other on. If that doesn’t work… here are a few other ideas.
- Meetup.com hosts several exercise-related groups that could definitely help hold you accountable (and you might even make some new friends!). Here are a few we thought looked interesting:
- theCityMoms of Greater Indianapolis is a large group of women who support each other in any endeavor with multiple events every month (many of which are health/fitness related!)
- Indy Runners / Walkers is a huge group with many planned events for all fitness levels (There is an annual membership, but it is very little and hooks you up with training programs & a club t-shirt!)
- Jennifer (yes our Jennifer) is a member of a couple philanthropic running/fitness clubs on Facebook under the umbrella of: Random Tuesday, Inc. They host virtual runs through out the year, but also post tons of inspirational/motivational notes from members daily. Whenever she needs encouragement, someone is always there because they are world-wide clubs! (There’s even a local Hoosiers chapter.)
Did you resolve to get your HOME in better shape??
Support your healthier body by stocking your fridge & pantry with great foods!
- Local groceries catering to healthier choices:
- Friendly Places for vitamins & supplements:
- Fresh Food Delivery Services in our area:
Increase your home’s storage potential!
- Have you heard of the Container Store?
- Only 1 Indy location… but worth the drive!
- Storage containers for EVERYthing
- Online projects/inspiration tools, too
- Maybe you need a professional to help you get your home/self organized? Check out this “top 10” list from Spare Foot Moving.
- Think it’s just your closets that need the help? Places like: Closet Connection, Closets by Design, Hoosier Closets, and many general contractors, will work with you to design most efficient use for your closets!
- Or, maybe you just need to purge some things! There are some wonderful not-for-profits around Indy that will happily take household items and put them to good use! (*Some will even pick them up!)
Please note that all information included in this blog are opinions and helpful links. This is not an exhaustive list, nor do we specifically endorse any of the linked companies. Always check with your doctor before beginning a new fitness routine. Be careful out there and trust your instincts.